66A Phyllis Ashton Circuit, Gungahlin ACT 2912
Ph: 02 6109 0118
Further contact details here.
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Management) (B Com)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Grad Dip Legal Practice)
- Mediation Accreditation
- Arbitration Accreditation
- Family Law Accredited Specialist
- Independent Childrens Lawyer (ICL)/Child Representative Training
- Conflict Coach Training
- Collaborative Law Training
- Family Violence Cross Examination Training
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Registration
- Property Pilot Mediation Training
- Early Intervention Mediation Training
- Litigation Intervention Mediation Training
Claire Naidu’s strength is in her understanding of the importance of relationships, connection, communication, understanding and analysis of issues, resolution focus and the compassion and soul she brings.
Claire has been assisting people for decades. She has always been passionate about helping better to have better relationships and better lives. She has helped thousands of clients.
She began in the legal industry over twenty years ago while completing her law degree and commerce degree. She has practised as a relationships lawyer for over seventeen years. She is recognised by the law society as being an Accredited Family Law Specialist.
Claire is also a Consultant, Coach, Mediator and Arbitrator.
She serves her clients with a focus on improving their lives - whether or not people choose to remain in relationships or transition out of relationships.
Her peers and clients know Claire's timely, organised and careful manner in discerning key issues, able to translate complex issues, and in transmuting disputes.
She believes in fun and enjoyment and that better relationships create a better world.
Claire is also an Independent Children's Advocate, a Collaborative Practitioner, a nationally accredited mediator, family dispute resolution practitioner, arbitrator and relationships coach. She also provides relationship consultancy.
Claire had mentored a number of practitioners and enjoys sharing her knowledge and wisdom with others.
In 2013, Claire Naidu won the ACT Young Business Woman of the Year and her business, Claire Naidu & Co, was awarded the 3rd Best Law Firm in Australian in 2014. She has also been a Telstra Business Awards Finalist.
Claire has been awarded a Master of Laws majoring in Dispute Resolution. In addition to the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws at the Australian National University, she also completed a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice through the College of Law. She has completed Mediation training through the Bond University and is a mediator and also an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP).
Claire holds Specialist Accreditation in Family Law and is recognised as an Accredited Family Law Specialist.
Claire serves on a number of committees/groups including the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM), the Resolution Institute. AIFLAM consists of a representative from each State in Australia, representatives of the Family Law Section, a representative of both the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia and the Attorney-General's Department. This combination allows for the continued liaison for the promotion of mediation and arbitration services in family law. The Resolution Institute is a community of mediators, arbitrators, expert determiners, adjudicators, restorative justice practitioners and other dispute resolution professionals that foster the use of dispute resolution.
Claire is also on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee for the Australian Capital Territory law Society.
- Member, ACT Law Society
- Director, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Member, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Member, Resolution Institute (RI)
- Member, Family Law Section (FLS) of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, ACT Law Society
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Register
- National Accreditation for Mediation
- Priceman & Carl  FamCA 316 (28 February 2017)
- Westwell and Anor & Westwell  FamCA 165 (20 March 2017)
- Boyle & Zahur  FamCAFC 154; (2 August 2017)
- Salt & Salt  FamCA 570 (1 August 2017)
- Thompsett & Keen and Anor  FamCA 421 (13 June 2017)
- Westwell and Anor & Westwell (No 2)  FamCA 362 (24 May 2017)
- Priceman & Carl (No. 2)  FamCA 317 (5 May 2017)
- Boyle & Zahur  FamCA 295 (11 May 2017)
- Paggett & Cable  FamCA 173 (17 March 2015)
- and more
- 22.11.2019 Claire elected to Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- 11.9.2018 Claire asked to join the ACT Law Society ADR Committee.
- 13.01.2015 Divorce Strategies (Australian Financial Review)
- 19.06.2015 Ban on breastfeeding overturned: Judge Matthew Myers criticised for imposing own views (The Sydney Morning Herald)
Community Involvement / Contribution
- Assistant to the Legal Counsel for Special Olympics (2004-2006)
- Provision of pro bono advice through the Salvation Army
- Provision advice through the ACT Law Society legal Advice Bureau
- Contribution to the Boundless Canberra – the Children’s Playground Project
- Contribution to Marymead
- Contribution to Sids & Kids
- Contribution to Communities @ Work
Contributions to the Improving Outcomes for those involved in relationship issues
Claire is on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee at the ACT Law Society. She is also a member of the ACT Collaborative Family Law Practice Group. She is a member of the Family Law Professional Development Group with the Resolution Institute.
She is also on the Panel of Solicitors and panel of Mediators at the ACT Legal Aid Office and Legal Aid Office NSW.
Outside of work
Claire loves walking with her Border Collie dog, spending time in the fresh air out in nature and learning to play the piano.
She loves spending time with her family and friends. And when she has a moment, she also loves reading great non-fiction and fiction books.