From 1 March 2017 the courts no longer accept cheque payments.
The Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia have been working towards electronic payments for some time. After the introduction of cashless registries in July 2015, the next step is phasing out cheque (and money order) payments. From 1 March 2017, the courts will no longer accept cheque payments.
Options for Payment
- Filing fees can be paid online via credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard) when efiling at www.comcourts.gov.au
- Set up a direct debit account
- Court event fees can be paid online via credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard) at www.eservices.comcourts.gov.au using the secure online payment system (once you have received a statement with your PID number)
- At a Family Court or Federal Circuit Court registry via eftpos, credit/debit card
- By mail/post using credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard) by completing the credit card payment form.