The Domestic Violence Crisis Service (DVCS) which provides support to people subjected to violence or abuse regardless of socioeconomic backgrounds, immigration status, gender, age, sexual orientation, and all religions, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
DVCS provides around the clock assistance including:
- Attendance with ACT Policing at, or just after, incidents to support those affected;
- Telephone crisis counselling and support;
- Information about relevant services and safety options;
- Access to emergency accommodation;
- Advocacy and support during Court proceedings, both civil and criminal;
- Support Groups;
- One on one outreach to children and their families who experience of have witnessed violence;
- Case Tracking (when the person using violence is charged with an offence);
- Provide a link between people subjected to violence and other authorities; and
- Community Education and Training.
DVCS has a support group called Moving on. Further details are below:
DVCS – Support Group – Moving On
Moving On is suitable for women ready to develop strategies and personal resources for moving on after domestic violence, learning from and supporting each other.
Term 3 – 2018: Weekly on Wednesdays commencing 1 August and concluding on 19 September
Term 4 – 2018: Weekly on Wednesdays commencing 24 October and concluding on 12 December
Term 1 – 2019: Weekly on Wednesdays commencing 13 February and concluding on 3 April
Term 2 – 2019: Weekly on Wednesdays commencing 8 May and concluding 26 June
Time: The timing of each group is based on what the needs of the group are each term.
Location: The location of each group is based on what the needs of the group are each term.
To register your interest in Moving On, call 6280 0900 or email to email@example.com .